Apple Will Hold January 6 Shopping Event For Lunar New Year (Cult of Mac)
Like its Black Friday shopping event held for those in the U.S. and other Western territories back in November, Apple is set to celebrate the Year of the Dragon with a shopping event on January 6 for customers in China/Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
The company promises the one-day sale will provide “amazing iPad, iPod, and Mac gifts for everyone.”
The event will follow Apple’s recent “lucky bag” deals in Japan, which allowed customers to snap up a bag of mystery items, all heavily discounted, for around 33,000 Yen ($430). Customers queued outside Apple retail stores overnight to get their hands on a bag, some of which may have included “big ticket items” like an iPad 2 or a MacBook Air, according to Penn-Olson.
One lucky bag, pictured below, featured an 8GB iPod touch, a Porter bag, an iZon remote room monitor, a pair of Incase Reflex headphones, a Mophie Juice Pack, and more.
- Apple Is Planning Something HUGE For Their 10th Retail Anniversary [Breaking]
- Apple To Set Up Express Lanes In Retail Stores Tonight For Busy Christmas Period
- Amazon Lures Shoppers By Offering In-App Discounts On Products While In Competitor’s Stores
- Japanese Apple Store shoppers get “Lucky Bags” for New Year’s
- Check Out The Insanely Huge Crowd That Showed Up For Apple’s Grand Central Opening [Photo]